It seems apologies are in order. We assumed that those in attendance for the lapping event were there not only to take advantage of the club discount but the meeting as well. Nope. So, if you arrived in a BMW at the appointed hour, I want you to send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make it right.
- Volunteering at the Regional Autoslalom this coming weekend. It’s not too late!
- Discount program: a 10 percent rebate is offered to Club members for three events this year including May 18’s Lapping Night (offered by Driver’s Dynamics), Friday, June 16’s Autoslalom (at Shannonville, offered by Driver’s Dynamics), and the aforementioned Regional Autoslalom. (See details in previous posts.)
- Banking: we’ve taken possession of an order of T shirts for sale to club members and those attending the Regional Autoslalom. Cost for each shirt is $20 each (total). Needless to say, this has had a significant impact on our bank balance. Other recent expenses include batteries for the FRS radios ($60) and wrist bands ($65). These items should serve our needs going forward for some time.
- Elections: no takers for President, Director of Racing or Equipment Director.
- New Business: it looks like we will part with the storage shed used to store Club materials for use at Picton Airfield. Stay tuned as we discuss and decide on how best to maximize the return on the Club’s investment.
A shout out to Jordan for briefing those who were in attendance that this wasn’t a hoax. The truth is out there! Thanks, Jordan, you’re my hero.