If someone called you Mario you’d understand the reference immediately. But what if you were referred to as Neuville or various Scandinavian first names, would you get the reference? For those familiar with rally car events, you probably would. For those who are not followers of this popular motor sport, well, you might not.
If you’ve read the minutes from our September meeting you’ll know that we are considering putting on a Fall Fun Run in October. However, due to the lack of interest, it won’t be running this year.
Date: Sunday, October 15th
Where: Prince Edward County
When: 12 to 4 pm.
Lunch: To be held at Glenora
RSVP: To email@example.com no later than October 8th. Details including where to meet will be provided to participants then.
Were it not getting dark so early these days, we would have held the meeting on the patio of the RCAF Club! What Fall weather!
It was a busy meeting with lots on the Agenda but that didn’t stop everyone from discussing the often overlooked world of AMC muscle cars. Did you know that the difference between an AMC AMX and the Javelin is 14 inches? Norm did. Could that be because he is the owner of a AMX Big Bad Blue coloured model? Imagine owning a car that looks like this:
- A motion was made by R. Curtis and seconded by P. Ellsworth to accept sealed bids until 8pm. This was passed. One bid was accepted but withdrawn shortly afterwards. As a result, the storage bin remains unsold. It was decided that we pursue selling the item on kijiji. Roger will pursue this. It was important to the present executive that members–past and present–be given the first opportunity to purchase this club asset first. On a similar note, club members present were offered club T-shirts for $10 (L and XL) along with an XXL size for $5.
- The results of our Club Autoslalom Championships were presented for purposes of affirming membership status, errors, etc. All was in order and trophies will be distributed at the AGM.
- Elections: Rob Metcalfe has accepted the position of President for the remainder of the year. Roger Curtis has agreed to take on the position of Treasurer with a plan to put the last three years of transactions into an electronic Accounting program. There were no takers for the position of Racing Director or Equipment Director. These positions will be offered up next meeting.
- Incorporation. In what can only be described as a scene from Catch 22, we won’t have a full slate of officers (there is another volunteer waiting on the side-lines) until we submit taxation forms and we can’t get this done with out having a full slate of officers. All should be well once the Accounting gets done, however.
- The Club has positive cash flow. The bank balance stands at some $9000 +
- The Limestone Street Scene Club was discussed. They appear to have a healthy membership and we were curious to know why. All evidence suggests that more of an effort is made to simply hang-out and, as Pepsi Cola used to describe it: ‘be sociable’. To that end, the executive will investigate a Fall fun run. Stay tuned!
- What does the club do? In the absence of a Director of Racing, we looked to those in attendance and suggested that all ideas arising from the floor are not only welcome but will receive the full backing of the club. Again, the idea of car get-togethers was discussed and we came back to the idea of a Fall run.
Even with the season drawing to a close you can still prove your petrol-headedness with help from this quiz.
Back in the Spring it was announced that your club would use the results of the Shannonville Autocross series (put on by Driver Dynamics) would serve as the basis for a Club Championship Series and the results are in.
The club plans to honour our recipients at the AGM to be held in the new year.
Please, please, please excuse any errors or omissions. And, more importantly, let me know if this is indeed the case by emailing Roger at firstname.lastname@example.org
SMP Autocross results 2017
Autocross event #1: /assets/files/smpautocrossevent1results.txt
Autocross event #2: /assets/files/smpautocrossevent2results.pdf
Autocross event #3: /assets/files/Shannonville%20Autocrss%20Event%203.txt
Autocross event #4: /assets/files/Shannonville%20Autocrss%20Event%204.txt
Autocrossevent #5: /assets/files/Shannonville%20Autocrss%20Event%205.txt