Wait, I know! Let’s use it for our very own Valve Cover Racing Competition!
What’s a Valve Cover Racer? Imagine a Pinewood Derby entry only you have to use a yes, you guessed correctly — a valve cover from an internal combustion engine.
T h e R u l e s:
- No engines or propulsion.
- No moving weights.
- Wheel can be attached to the car in any manner, but must not extend beyond the front of the valve cover.
- Nothing can extend beyond the front of the valve cover.
- Cars shall be based on an actual rocker cover from an automobile engine.
- Cars must have four wheels, each no more than six inches in diameter.
- Wheel must have a non-metallic surface contacting the track.
- 30 inch maximum overall car length.
- 15 inch maximum overall car width.
- 10 inch maximum overall car height.
- 10 pounds maximum weight by official scales.
Who’s with me?